Squid sauteed in spicy tomato sauce
- 600 Grams Squid
- 200 ml Water
- 1/2 Tbls Coconut Oil
- 3 Tbls Chili Sauce
- 2 Tbls Tomato Sauce (homemade or packaged low sugar version)
- 1 Tbls Oyster Sauce
- 1/4 Lemon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 3 Small Red Onions
- 1/2 Large Red Onion
- 1 Whole Leek
- 2 pcs Red Capsicum Pepper (mild)
- 2 pcs Green Capsicum Pepper (mild)
- 3 pcs Red Chili Pepper (hot)
- Clean and cut the squid into strips.
- Mix 3 tbs of coconut oil with the lemon juice from a quarter lemon.
- Add seasoning to the frying pan, and saute at medium-high for 1 minute, until slightly browned.
- Next add the squid to the frying pan and saute for 1 minute.
- Then add the Chili sauce, tomato sauce, and oyster sauce with 1/4 cup of water.
- Add salt and Pepper to taste, saute for 5 minutes, stirring the sauce is boiling and thickened.
- Serve immediately.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes