Everybody wishes to live a long, healthy, and happy life, yet only a few find the secret to saying “forever young” — by Alphaville. Let’s not mistake forever young with living forever, as a strange, lost, and overly spiritual soul recently told me.
“Dying at 100 is still baby age — we can easily live to 300. But that divine knowledge is bestowed only on the special ones.”
Okay, let’s move on.
Staying with the car analogy:
How your car performs, looks and ages depends entirely on how you treat it.
If you feed it premium gas and oil, regularly clean, wax, and shine it inside and out, and keep it safe from the elements, it will age gracefully and keep its shine and power.
An 80-year-old Mercedes can sparkle and be far more interesting than an 8-month-old version. That all depends on its owners and their attitude to life and self-care.
Your body and mind are no different from your automobile, except it’s a living organism that requires your full and constant attention.
Your body and mind need optimal and natural nourishment, movement, love, care, and rest day and night. Here’s why:
• What you put inside results in how you look on the outside, feel, and perform on the inside
• How much you move your body results in its strength, flexibility, and power
• How you nourish your mind through education, reading, writing, listening, and communication decides the power of its understanding, cognitive function, empathy, and EQ
• How you rest both body and mind sets your energy levels, motivation, and determination to succeed and live a happy life
• How you pamper and love yourself allows you to feel special, love, give, and help others too
Looking back on my history
Unknowingly, I treated myself like crap believing I was invincible.
What I ate didn’t bother me, and I never wasted a second thinking about how it affected my body and health.
My exercise routine was simple — go hard or go home — I didn’t care how it might affect my heart and metabolic health.
Working, traveling, and partying was my life and preferred lifestyle. In other words, I loved showing off, wasting money and my life.
Did that pay off well for my health? Nope, it almost killed me. I’m fortunate and grateful to still be here today after burning the candle at both ends for 2 decades.
I know the above behavior was pretty dumb, but thankfully I’m not as stupid as I sound.
Miraculously, in my mid-40s, I found my senses, got real, and completely rewrote my story — I changed my life goals, lifestyle, job, where I lived — the lot!
I did a complete 360 on myself, a total re-invention. People say you can’t change who you are, especially the older you get.
I used to think the same way. And that’s precisely why I had to and did change — I saw nothing but doom and gloom ahead of me if I didn’t pick myself up, kick my ass and make life worth living again.
I kicked the old guy out of the house and invited the young gun with a lust for life back in — just like Iggy Pop
Here’s how I did it:
- Quit feeling sorry for myself
- Ditched the victim mentality
- Banned rumination from my mind
- Disallowed any form of doubt and negativity in my mind or around me
- Fully embraced positive thinking
- Adopted the “I can conquer all” attitude
- Practiced meditation to calm and strengthen my mind
- Studied for a graduated with an MBA
- Studied modern nutrition based on ancient history
- Changed my diet, transforming my metabolism to burn fat for fuel instead of glucose
- Lost all the excess weight that dragged both my body and mind down
- Rebuilt my body back to its youthful self when I was 18 and in the Olympic Games in 1988
With the above actions, I restored my self-confidence and belief in my abilities to be stronger than ever.
I trained my mind and body to work and think on a higher level. I didn’t do that knowingly or ever thought it possible.
It happened because of the changes I made to my lifestyle, attitude, and what I put in my body. How much I moved and treated it, and how I fed my mind with positivity and new enlightening information.
The choice is yours — you have 2 options:
- Age like an elegant vintage car staying fresh, powerful, and interesting so that everyone wants a drive with you.
- Age like sour milk or smelly blue cheese, everyone runs from.
Today at 53, I feel, look, and function better on all levels than when I was 35.
My work is far more focused, detailed, meaningful, and successful than ever.
For over 7 years, I have eaten and lived healthily, completely reversing my terrible metabolic health after a stroke and being close to 100lbs.
I’m now in optimal metabolic and mental health — I feel great, and my outlook on life is more optimistic than ever.
Oh yes, I’m making less money than I used to. But, much more importantly, I’m happy with life.
The money will come in time with good and honest work, and I will not let the old man in until I die.
Please support my work and become a Medium.com member.
Please download my E-Books for your health:
The Ultimate Guide to Weight Loss, Fitness, and Health
The Ultimate Guide to Weight Loss, Fitness, and HealthSince I’ve been practicing, writing, and teaching these methods…
The Ultimate Bodyweight Workout Bible
The Ultimate Bodyweight Bible is a 200-page, 23-chapter collection of the absolute best workouts you can perform to…
The Easy Keto-Carnivore Food Guide
My latest, E-Book – The Easy-Keto Carnivore Food Guide – is the only tool you’ll need to get your health into top…
I’m a Top Writer in Food, Health, Life Lessons, Life, Self Improvement
Leave a Reply