Why do I ask that question? The answer is that I’m seeing many people getting upset and irritated, quickly, every day.
Let’s not even talk about social media, as people’s behavior on the two big platforms can often be beyond insanity. The hate speech and aggression seen there daily in groups or even newsfeeds are shocking. If I read this stuff, I delete it quickly, but I try not to read, and I mostly manage not to.
Back to real life: people are getting upset much more quickly these days, it seems. Okay, Corona and the fallout are a big part of that, but why the aggression? Isn’t this something that we all need to address and think about?
During these challenging times, I’m doing my best to work on my positive mindset and keep a clear head, despite having gone through some rough stuff myself lately. It’s not easy, but we must make that extra effort to stay calm, be kind to other people,
There are many problems and challenges we all face every single day. One day all is great, and rosy, the next day, suddenly out of the blue, it can all change, and you are facing a (seemingly) colossal shit storm! I say “seemingly” because, in the heat of the moment, our brains hijack our emotions and make us believe things are far worse.
That’s our mind playing games with us. It’s damn hard to control, because, mostly, if we let it, our mind will play games with us and be irrational, making us fret and worry about things out of our control. Worrying and fretting will never helo you solve the problem. The only way to solve any problem is to relax, slow down, calm the mind and reason, no matter how dire the situation may appear. Easier said than done, I know.
Let’s look at Science.
ACP (Anger Control Problem) is a serious matter, which is vastly underrated, ignored, and untreated, shown by this study
Unfortunately, there are no statistics on how many people are affected by ACP. However, one large study of 1,300 people who were seeking treatment at a mental health clinic found that ACP was just as prevalent as depression and anxiety for that group of people.
Quickly triggered anger or ACP is exceptionally harmful to the person affected and to those around them. ACP is a major cause of damaged relationships, trouble at work, health risks, and generally suffering emotionally throughout life.
What’s the Solution?
The honest truth is, there is no easy solution, but you can do a few things to control your mind, environment, and worries.
- Check your circle and dump all toxic people. Not easy, but a MUST.
- Don’t trust easily, ask questions, and get to know the person you just met. Doubt before giving the benefit!
- Question yourself multiple times. Am I doing the right thing, am I sure? Make sure. Make a checklist to be sure, as you can’t trust your own emotions!
- Be straight forward and honest, never lie, even a little bit. Don’t lie!
- Talk to or be with your family as much as possible. They are your rock!
- Walk a lot daily, and reflect. Walking re-sets your brain and helps you think clearly.
- Be kind and polite to everyone, and never be arrogant, never!
- Help people, no matter whether rich or poor.
- Show empathy and care.
- Love yourself every day. Tell yourself that you are great, and you love you! This is important.
- Get up every morning, meditate, and make a little promise to yourself that everything will be okay. Then, remind yourself all day long about your promise to yourself,
As Bob Marley sang, if you do these few little things, everything is gonna be alright.
As always, I wish you all the very best and a wonderful week ahead. Stay strong! We got this!
Writer, Former Olympic Athlete & Certified Health Coach
“It is my mission to help people regain control of their health, by building a healthy, strong heart, body, and mind, supporting a longer life.”
Leave a Reply