People who appear strong on the outside often feel fragile and uncomfortable on the inside. Their life-work demands are overwhelming, leading to self-doubt and dwindling confidence.
Lack of confidence is a widespread mental health issue, which unfortunately isn’t paid much or any attention. Folks are expected to be emotionally strong, and perform their work and family tasks like a breeze.
If you show signs of fatigue, stress, or mood swings, you’re judged as weak and emotionally unbalanced.
Some people love to throw the emotion word around, calling others emotional, in a demeaning way, when in fact the person they’re referring to may simply be expressing their feelings while hoping for a helping hand.
Instead, you receive rejection and an additional damper on your confidence.
At night you’ll lie on your sofa or bed ruminating about why this or that person was so short and unsympathetic with you.
You felt you could trust the person you confided in, yet it turned out you misjudged the level of friendship and above all, empathy, that person is willing and able to give.
The problem with empathy.
There’s a lot of online chatter about empathy and the importance of being empathetic. However, fully understanding and being able to practice empathy towards others is mostly tucked away in a little box deep in your brain — and thus forgotten about.
It’s comforting to think you’re empathetic like to understand and support others, but after all, you’re busy and must fend for yourself and your own problems.
How can you have time to care much about how a co-worker or friend is feeling deep inside?
Most of the time the real thoughts in people’s minds are — just get on with the job, stop whining, and get a grip of yourself.
If only life were that easy.
Dog Eat Dog.
In business and life, it often comes down to fierce competition in which people are willing to harm each other in order to succeed.
That’s the opposite of empathy and a faulty mindset. In the end, you’ll only harm yourself and others, leaving yourself feeling less happy.
The best methods to re-build, maintain and keep boosting your own confidence.
If you don’t take action to achieve this, I’m afraid to say, nobody else will, maybe with the exception of your mother!
My 20 methods to boost my confidence:
1. Find and talk to a therapist you can trust.
2. Meditate daily calming your mind.
3. Practice positive self-talk and affirmations.
4. Ask the universe what you want, and you’ll receive it, as long as you work on it.
5. Daily manifestations of your desires and goals in life will keep them in the front of your mind to remember all day long.
6. Never ever talk negatively about yourself or others — that sets you up to be a constant pessimist.
7. Be optimistic about your life, and future prospects.
8. Be grateful for what you have — some others have a lot less or even nothing.
9. Write a daily journal, blog or write and publish articles about your life experiences — that helped me immensely.
10. Go for several daily walks, some fast-paced exercise-oriented, others for relaxing and mindfulness time.
11. Sit back and take deep breaths every hour, telling yourself you’re doing a great job and you’re on the best path to make it to where you want to be.
12. Learn new skills — you’ll be surprised to discover you’re good at things you never thought you could do.
13. Always, always keep a smile on your face — smiling naturally makes you feel happier and installs positivity.
14. Speak your mind clearly and do not let anyone put you down or behave in a superior manner towards you.
15. Cut the deadwood relationships in your life— they are toxic and only drag you down.
16. Spend a lot more time with yourself and learn to love being alone — you are your own best company and can give yourself all the empathy you need.
17. Read life-changing stories and books.
18. Exercise moderately daily.
19. Be kind to yourself and others.
20. Reward yourself from time to time — boosting your happy hormone endorphins.
You are fat better and more capable than you may think. The only thing holding you back is your mind playing games, making you doubt your abilities and personality.
You have charisma and powers deep inside — find them and put them to work.
Everyone has undiscovered abilities. You can find them by believing in and challenging yourself to rise to the top of the crop, and not taking no for an answer.
You’ll get what you want if you believe in and are passionate about it. It’s simply a case of mind over matter.
Rise up folks, show the world and above all yourself, that you are special.
My new Weight Loss E-Book is here.
Please click the link, read the description and download your copy, for guaranteed weight loss, fitness, and great overall health!
The Ultimate Guide to Weight Loss, Fitness, and Health!
It contains everything you need to know about health — fitness — food — lifestyle, and wellness, and it works. Follow my advice and guide, and you will reach your goals.
Please support us writers and Medium by becoming Medium Member. It’s only $5 per month and you’ll receive great articles daily on the app on the subjects you like and choose.
And please subscribe to my medium page here.
Leave a Reply